Wednesday, May 10, 2006

2006 HEART CHALLENGES


I'm currently working on a number of challenges to be completed before the 12 month anniversary of my heart bypass operation. I've recently finished a thirteen week rehabilitation programme with Walsall Heartcare. This has started the process of regaining my fitness. Don't be too impressed by the photo here ... this is the Swiss Alps (pre heart problems) cable cars are wonderful! Over the coming months however, I will climb the three highest mountains in England, Wales and Scotland. These will give some focus to getting into shape.

Snowdon ascent 17th June.
Scafell Pike ascent 15th July.
Ben Nevis ascent 17th September.
In addition I hope to complete the Walsall Heartcare Annual Sponsored Walk 2nd July, the Walsall Fun Run 1st October and teach Yoga during the winter period. We will finish year one off with a celebratory Fund Raising Dinner around the end of October or early November.

Wherever possible I am encouraging family, friends, work colleagues and heart patients to join in the various challenges and either to commit donations or raise funds for the Heartcare Charity. In doing so I hope everyone will understand more about looking after their own heart and inspire others to maintain an active, healthy lifestyle.

Hopefully we'll have sorted the various donation and fund raising arrangements by the beginning of June and you will be able to show your support. Until then if you want any information contact me via the email link in my complete profile.

I will publish more details shortly so please keep returning for updates.