Thursday, June 01, 2006

READY TO GO! - PETER'S 2006 HEART CHALLENGES

My fitness levels are still improving with the help of Heart Care... cycling, jogging, weights and rowing all on the menu at present.

Looking forward to the drier weather when I can get out and extend the jogging. Have done a few longer walks most notably the Kentmere Valley in the Lake District and the Malverns from North Quarry to British Camp and back.

We've just booked the date for the Fund-Raising Dinner - the 21st October. Get this in your diary.

The Peter's 2006 Heart Challenge List look like this at the moment.

Snowdon Ascent 17th June

Heart Care Sponsored Walk 2nd July
Scafell Pike Ascent 15th July
Ben Nevis Ascent 17th September

Walsall Fun Run 1st October

Fund-Raising Dinner 21st October

I will be distributing information, posters, links, sponsor forms around family, friend and work networks over the coming weeks. These will detail particular events and I'm hoping some of you can take time out to support my fundraising. You can do this in many ways...

  1. Forwarding information to relatives, friends and colleagues ensuring they are aware of heart disease and encouraging them to adapt their lifestyles appropriately.
  2. Joining me on fund raising challenges (the mountain walks Snowdon and Scafell Pike and the Walsall Fun Run are particularly appropriate).
  3. Attending the October Fund Raising dinner.
  4. You can make donations; gather sponsorship for me or for yourselves if you take part. All the appropriate forms are available from me via the email link in my complete profile on this page. You can take a Heart Challenge Poster and a collecting tin (again contact me to arrange) for your institution or workplace.

First Challenge - Snowdon Saturday 17th June.

We're planning to meet at the Pen Y Pass car park (A4086) at o900. We will use the Pyg and Miners tracks to summit and descend Snowdon. Get in touch if you would like to join us so that we can expect you.

I ended October 2005 unable to walk more than 10-15 paces, I have recently jogged 10km (6 miles) very very slowly. I’ve got a long way to go but I’m already very encouraged. Help me to inspire others to look to the future and to develop the invaluable service Heart Care offers.