Friday, August 04, 2006

LOOKING AHEAD - WALSALL FUN RUN / WALK, BEN NEVIS & FUND RAISING BALL

It's a good time to be thinking ahead to the Walsall Fun Run / Walk 1st October Arboretum Extension 1100 start. The fun run is the final challenge in my 2006 Heart Challenges. By the time of the run I will hopefully have scaled all three of Britain's Highest peaks... Snowdon, Scafell Pike and Ben Nevis as well as having completed the Heart Care walk. I've yet to decide whether I'll do the 5km or 10km - it will depend how my summer training goes!

I am hoping you will consider joining Peter's Heart Challenge Team and either running or walking to raise funds for Heart Care. This will be a marvellous opportunity to give yourself a fun challenge whilst getting sponsors to support Peter's 2006 Heart Challenges. It's really easy. If you haven't already got a sponsor / donation form email me from the link in My Complete Profile or phone 01922 624097 and I'll get one to you. You'll get full entry details and event information from the Walsall Rotary Club Fun Run website http://www.rotary.org.uk/WalsallRun/Walsall-Run1stOct2006.htm and in the links section. You can pre register or sign up on the day.

The ascent of Ben Nevis (4408 feet / 9 miles) is actually my next challenge on the 18th September preceded on the 17th by a 'warm up' on the summit of Sgorr Dhearg (3380 feet / 8 miles) . I'm really looking forward to this one and hoping that the waether will continue to look kindly on us. As usual I'll post more details nearer the time.

The final event of this 2006 challenge year will be the Fund Raising Dinner / Ball. Get the 21st October into your diary. The venue will be the Lake View Resturant and Banqueting Suite at Calderfields Golf Course, Walsall. More details shortly but don't forget to snap up your tickets early!

GIVING. All of the challenges have sponsor forms if you wish to gain wider support (again just contact me if you need any) and if you would like to make donations then please forward cheques to:'HEART CARE' (PETER'S 2006 HEART CHALLENGES) Reg Charity: 110902112 PORTLAND STREETWALSALLWEST MIDLANDSWS2 8AB The sponsor forms allow you to request that Heart Care can claim back 28p in every pound if you are UK tax payers - this really adds to your gift. If you forward donation cheques without sponsor forms ensure you give your name, address and state that you are UK tax payers and would like Heart Care to reclaim the tax on your gift.